<$BlogRSDUrl$>
 

Wednesday, July 14, 2004

Ammunition

In academic circles, few admit to a personal life. Academics like to brag about how much they read over a weekend, rather how much they chilled out. They feel more comfortable talking shop than discussing the weather. For the really hardcore, it's almost taboo to have a life outside of the university. I worked for one university for a year, and no one asked me the names of my kids.

That's why it is going to be so much fun to go to APSA this year. Thanks to blogging, I know some about my colleagues' personal lives and views on topics that have nothing to do with political science. And, yes, they will have to take some shit for it. Just giving you warning, Chris, the thing you have for Avril "Sk8ter Boi" Lavigne will not go without comment.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

< ? Redhead Blogs # >

< ? Blogging Mommies # >