<$BlogRSDUrl$>
 

Thursday, March 11, 2004

Madrid

I don't feel like a fun post today. I'm thinking about Madrid.

I've been there a few times. Twice to visit my sister who lived there for a couple of years, and once during my honeymoon. It's a great city with noble buildings on the main streets and warm, happy bars off to the side. My sister's friends were fun loving and kind to me with my poor Spanish.

I'm thinking about reading a John Le Carre novel on a park bench while waiting for my sister to come out of class, of eating olives and tortilla at an outdoor cafe and watching people walk by, of drinking cheap wine until 4:00 in the morning.

I'm very sorry for the people of Madrid, and terribly angry at the terrorists who bloodied that beautiful city.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

< ? Redhead Blogs # >

< ? Blogging Mommies # >