<$BlogRSDUrl$>
 

Sunday, December 28, 2003

Back to Work, Sort of

I've taken a few days off from the blogosphere, and I'm finding it difficult to get back into the swing of things. It's like my ass, which has expanded five fold this week, has squashed my will to write.

I survived the holidays, thank you very much. We had a brief scare on Christmas Eve when a mother from Jonah's pre-school called to say that her kid had chicken pox. Moments later, Jonah stepped into the kitchen and showed me an "itchy boo-boo" on his stomach. After two hours of phone calls between doctors and relatives with kids, we finally figured out that Jonah had been immunized and that one spot might be all he got. So we went to Christmas Eve party at my mom's and probably slightly infected the other kids. Shhh.

Otherwise, the holidays were swell. Key years for warping kid's minds with the Santa myth and little finger waving, "you better be good or else...." A night out in the city without the kids. Lots of ass expanding food.

I want to enter into the New Year with a clean slate. I'm wiping my desk clean of all remnants of adjuncting, so I can start work on some new projects. I want no loose ends to distract me. I'm dumping old folders and news clippings. I'm consolidating lecture notes and shelving books. Clean desk, clean mind.

Yesterday, I sent out comments to the students on their final papers and explained their grades. I didn't have to do that, but I did. Already I've gotten one request for a recommendation and one demand to reconsider an A-. Damn it. Not quite done yet.

And the holidays aren't quite over yet. Jonah is off from pre-school, so I have to keep him amused this week. The babysitter is gone for two more weeks. New Year's Eve is coming up. Hard times for a workaholic.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

< ? Redhead Blogs # >

< ? Blogging Mommies # >