<$BlogRSDUrl$>
 

Friday, July 11, 2003

Ah, who the hell cares?

The parents have the kids for the morning, and I'm home working on my article. I can only work on it in chunks, because it is so damn boring. So I thought I would jump on the band wagon and start a blog. Why do this? Will anyone care about my crazy life? Is this really egotistical? Ah, who the hell cares? I just want to do it.

Who am I? Laura McK****, PhD. Got the degree a couple of years ago, but never really put myself out on the job market because we started a family. I have two beautiful active little boys ages 4 and 1. I am trying to raise them in New York City in a four floor walk up. My husband, Steve, got his PhD a couple of years ago, but quickly realized that his degree in German History would not lead to any job in the 48 contiguous states, so he switched careers. Now he writes up contracts for a top secret Wall Street firm. I would like to work, but I am unwilling to leave my kids full time, so I adjunct a course here and there, cart the kids around the city, and day dream about having a more glamorous life. That's enough for now.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

< ? Redhead Blogs # >

< ? Blogging Mommies # >